Laurens de Knijff
Steeped in data-driven development, Laurens has a rigorous and analytical approach to product management. As a leader, he understands how to focus on the benefits—and avoiding common pitfalls—of using experiments and quantified metrics to create better products, He'll cut through everyday hype and noise to find the principal signals that will move your project forward. You can trust on his storytelling skills and humor to build a common understanding with the team, stakeholders and other decision-makers, so that the changes he initiates, will make a lasting impact.
product management, data-driven development, leading creative teams.
Three things Laurens worked on:
- A web app that helps songwriters and composers to understand how and where their music generates revenue. Client: music collection agency BumaStemra, Laurens lead the team building the product
- Feelee, a mobile app that helps youngsters to understand their mental well-being by connecting emotions to sleeping and activity behavior. Client: incubator Garage2020, Laurens led the team building the product
- SmartOcto a B2B content analytics tool that helps digital publishers to better understand what articles or videos generate the best views and why. Client: SmartOcto, Laurens led the team building the product.
Laurens is uniquely systematic for such a creative thinker. He has a great love for clarity, and is thus able to bring people and plans together in such a way that it works.—Erik van Heeswijk, CEO Smart Octo
Rotterdam Partners, Public Broadcasters VPRO & NPO, Elsevier, PublicSpaces
- Guest Lecturer, HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Co-host Glitch Podcast
- Translator for Tunnelblick, Open Source VPN Software