As a UX Designer by education and Product Manager by experience, Reinier comes preloaded with strong analytical skills, a toolbox full of design methods and a lot of real-world experience. Basically, he’s the embodiment of the user voice in any development process: determined to make stuff as simple and accessible as possible. He absorbs the details of goals and challenges as a sponge, figuring out why they exist, identifying which ones should be prioritized and determining how to solve them with the team. This way, he ensures the most value for customers, clients, future generations, our climate, you name it.
product management, UX/CX design, prototyping, agile practice, facilitation
Three things Reinier worked on
- CoronaMelder, the official Dutch COVID-19 notification app that monitored potential infection risk for users in a privacy-first way. Client: Dutch ministry of health (VWS), Reinier lead the team building and releasing the product.
- Funda, the no. 1 online market place for real estate in The Netherlands. Client: Funda, Reinier lead the team building the mobile apps.
- NOS, the Dutch BBC News, was one of the first public broadcasters taking digital seriously and transformed towards an omnichannel news provider. Reinier, as the UX designer of the ‘New Media’ team, redesigned all NOS websites and designed the first iPhone and Android app for the NOS in 2012.
Reinier will always ensure that priorities are set based on the value for the end user and thus on the business value for the organization. He is very goal-oriented and therefore a great initiator and contributor towards a collectively created (product) vision.—Geeske Kloostra, Head of Product, Miele X.
Schiphol Airport, NPO, DPG Media, Backbase, NRC, NLZiet, Liberty Global, Fox Sports
- Editor in chief FYI newsletter
- Tinkering with the Qweighteen keymap for optimal typing comfort
- Always working on his vegetarian chef skills